What is Business Car Insurance?
Business car insurance is a type of insurance policy that provides coverage for vehicles used for business purposes. It protects businesses and employees who use vehicles for work-related activities, such as transporting goods, travelling to and from business meetings, or driving clients to appointments. Business car insurance typically offers more comprehensive coverage than personal car insurance, as it considers the additional risks and liabilities associated with commercial driving. Some examples of businesses that may require business car insurance include delivery companies, sales teams, and ride-sharing services.
Why do you need business car insurance?
Business car insurance policies only cover personal travel and your daily work commute. If your work requires you to travel as part of your job, you will need to buy a car insurance policy. Business car insurance ensures you have the extra cover required when travelling for work. These are activities like travelling to different office locations or across the country for meetings.
What does business car insurance cover?
Depending on your needs and the policy chosen, your insurance may cover the following:
- Client visits
- They are driving other employees to work-related activities.
- Travel between offices or other work-related destinations.
What types of business car insurance policies are available on the market?
Business car insurance policies cover using your vehicle for personal and business use. They fall into one of three categories:
- Class one: This type of policy is ideal if you travel to different work locations and occasionally meet clients. It may also cover your spouse, depending on your chosen policy.
- Class two: This policy is similar to a class one policy with one distinct difference. A class two policy requires a named policyholder, and the vehicle’s driver works for the business that holds the policy.
- Class three: A class three policy is ideal for those car owners who are constantly on the road as part of their job. This type of policy is the most expensive of the three, as insurance providers consider you at more risk if you are on the road for long periods. It is important to note that none of the policies above suits delivery or taxi drivers.
What can you do to lower the cost of your insurance?
Car insurance policies for businesses can often come with higher premiums. There are ways to help decrease these costs. Consider increasing your voluntary excess to lower the premium amount. Additionally, increasing the security of your car can also allow for a lower premium amount. One of the best methods to lower car insurance is to shop around to find the cheapest option to suit your needs.